Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Alexis



Alexis is another graduate we are highlighting in a publication and video.  Photographing younger people should be easy because they are so used to the camera having been photographed millions of times by the time they are 18.   However,  I often find it tricky to get past their pose and into something real.  

Alexis is pretty, poised and eloquent.  I think I caught some of that in these two images but I kept looking for that extra  spark.  She was helpful and wanted to work with me but I just didn't quite find what I wanted.  Maybe I'm being too picky.

My favorite of the two is the lower one.  It felt a little more natural, plus when I saw her shirt I moved her over by that artwork which compliments the same type of pattern. 

(as always, you can click on the images to see them larger)


1 comment:

  1. Good thoughts about the inherent professionalism of young models

    ReplyDelete